About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Taxation & Insurance

HK Tax Status and Working in China

26 Nov 2014 11:46


I am residing in Hong Kong (holding HKID non permanent) and heading to work for a Chinese company based in Shanghai. The arrangement is that I will work in Shanghai for 10 days a month and rest in Hong Kong. My Hong Kong apartment would also be fully paid by the Chinese company to be used as home office.


Would i still consider as a Hong Kong resident under the CEPA arrangement for filing of income tax purposes both in Hong Kong and China?


Post 1 of 2

07 Oct 2015 11:07


I think it would depends on the source of your salary?
Let's say your HK company pays you every month and not from their office in Shanghai then the taxation for the income would considered under the HK regulation.
No matter if you stay 10 days every month in Shanghai for your job, you will need a working permit and resident permit but the taxation would be on the HK side I think

If anyone could confirm or correct me?

Post 2 of 2
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by - 29 Apr 2015 14:54

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23