About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Trade Measures & Protectionism

Import Tissue Paper in USA from China

12 Mar 2012 12:06

I am planing importing Tissue paper (Toilet paper, napkins, facial tissue, kitchen paper roll) from China to USA:

My Questions are

1. can I import tissue paper (toilet paper, napkins, facial tissue, kitchen paper roll) from China or Vietnam in USA?

2. if yes, do I need a licence to import tissue products (bath tissue)?

3. Are my goods (Toilet paper, facial tissue, Kitchen paper roll, Napkin)subject to quota?

4. Do I obtain any permit or any document before giving my Orders to import goods in USA?

Thank you very much!

KT

Post 1 of 9

14 Mar 2012 14:55

There are no specific controls or restrictions on issue paper imported from China into the USA. Import licensing are not required for such imports. However certain tissue paper products from China have been the subject of anti-dumping duty administrative review. Please click on the link for detail information.

Post 2 of 9
Nyun

15 Mar 2012 10:31

what is anti-dumping duty in the US - was it applied to vietnam or china in this case?

Post 3 of 9

17 Mar 2012 17:10

Hi,

I've just known from a local  customs broker that there is antidumping duty of 112% for all Tissue paper (Toilet paper, napkin, kitchen roll, facial tissue) imported in the U.S. form China and Vietnam. Is it right?

I would be very grateful to you for your advice.

Post 4 of 9

18 Mar 2012 14:32

Hi,

my further question is:

Will the Anti-dumping duty or countervailing duty be applied on only certain tissue paper products or general on all kinds of tissue paper products from China or Vietnam.

I was told the Anti-dumping duty or countervailing duty be applied on only certain tissue paper products of certain supplier from China or Vietnam, is that right?

and how high is the Anti-dumping duty or countervailing duty?

Thank you very much!

Post 5 of 9

21 Mar 2012 17:07

The US Department of Commerce determined that certain tissue paper products (tissue paper) produced by Max Fortune (Vietnam) Paper Products Company, Limited (MFVN) and exported to the United States are made from jumbo rolls and/or cut sheets of tissue paper produced in China, and are circumventing the antidumping duty order on tissue paper from the country.

MFVN is a company located in Vietnam and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Max Fortune Industrial Co., Ltd. (MFHK) located in Hong Kong. MFHK was the exporter of the tissue paper produced and shipped by MFVN to the United States during the analysis period of this inquiry.

The US Department of Commerce would direct the Customs and Border Protection to suspend liquidation and to require a cash deposit of estimated duties, at  rate of 112.64%on all unliquidated entries of tissue paper produced by MFVN and/or exported by MFVN for consumption on or after March 29, 2010. Click here for further details of commodity items involved.

Post 6 of 9

03 Apr 2012 11:20

Can You give me Advise about my concern:

because certain Tissue products (Toilet papers) are subject to antidumping or countervailing duty. How I have to do to make sure that my imported Tissue paper to us market belongs not to such products that are object to antidumping or countervailing duty.

Does it depend on from what suppliers in China or Vietnam I buy my goods?

or can you give me a best advise to manage this problem?

or can you provide me the list of suppliers from what suppliers I'd better don't get business with?

Thank you for your help.

Post 7 of 9

03 Apr 2012 16:00

The US Federal Register announced cash deposit requirements will be effective for all shipments of certain tissue paper products from the PRC a cash rate of 112.64 % for tissue paper produced by (1) Max Fortune Paper Products Company;

(2) for previously reviewed or investigated companies that have separate rates;  

(3) for all other PRC exporters of subject merchandise, which have not been found to be entitled to a separate rate, the cash deposit rate will be PRC-wide rate of 112.64 %; and

(4) for all non-PRC exporters of subject merchandise, the cash deposit rate will be the rate applicable to the PRC exporter that supplied that non-PRC exporter.

Please click on the sourcing website of the HKTDC, search on more suppliers and make further enquiries on companies producing tissue paper in the PRC.

Post 8 of 9
Thao Conrow

03 Jan 2014 16:12

Content has been deleted!
Post 9 of 9
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
GO
Most Viewed Topics

by 伟 周 - 15 May 2013 11:06

by Guest - 23 Jul 2014 08:17

by Anthony - 21 Feb 2014 11:05

Highly Rated Topics

by 伟 周 - 15 May 2013 11:06

by Guest - 23 Jul 2014 08:17

by Guest - 02 Jul 2014 08:47