About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Customs & Tariffs

Whey permeate-feed grade

22 Feb 2012 11:49

I work for a US feed company, and we are looking at exporting US whey permeate to China. Is there a license requirement to export this product to China?

Post 1 of 9

22 Feb 2012 15:58

There is no licensing requirement for whey imports from USA to China. It is however subject to inspection approval o the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the PRC.

Post 2 of 9

29 Feb 2012 01:24

What kind of approval is that?

Post 3 of 9

09 Mar 2012 14:30

Please refer to a special feature by the HKTDC on Commodities Subject to Statutory Inspection and Quarantine.

Post 4 of 9

02 Jun 2012 11:07

A licence is definitely needed, and it must be a "feed grade" license. 

3 or 4 years ago numerous US exporters had "food grade" licenses, and were illegally exporting their product as food grade to extract a higher premium.  My company was one of only three US companies that had the feed grade license in place.  For almost three months we were one of the only companies who could get any whey permeate into China because of this registration. 

Any reputable Chinese importer should be able to assist you in gaining one.  The application is about 10 pages, and you will need someone to assist you because after the application comes numerous documents, seals, stamps, fees, and requirements - much of which needs to be translated into a Chinese dialect.  It takes months to send in all the required information. 

Additionally, you must register your products as feed vs. food as they are two completely different licenses.  Unless you are very skilled in export, I would highly recommend you aquire the assistance of someone in an organization such as US Dairy Export Council to walk you through it - www.USDEC.org

Post 5 of 9

26 Oct 2012 17:25

Can someone help me to know the import tax rate and the value added tax rate in moving US whey permeate to China?

Post 6 of 9

27 Oct 2012 15:15

China provisional import tax for HS code 04041000 - Description : Whey and modified whey, whether or not concentrated or containing added sugar or other sweetening matter imported from USA is 2% plus VAT 17%.

Post 7 of 9

29 Apr 2015 14:23

I noticed that when using this you can almost feel the protein as it pulsates through your body. I've gone supplement less for a few (hard to believe I know) but I could feel my bench remain and this is the perfect addition to any post workout regiment. I don't want to say too much to insure I don't step on Christina's or Krysten's toes but long story short, for the guys out there, this is just as good as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey protein.

Post 8 of 9

07 Dec 2016 23:09

Excellent comment Brian & Nick. One of my cdoers is The paperwork must match the process. ALSO, regarding labor. We got to the point where we told our Plant Manager; I don't care how many temps you use, how much overtime you work, whatever. As long as you maintain quality and throughput you have 6% of sales for Production(value-added) labor. No more chasing variances and feeding the software BEAST.Guess what: Our throughput immediately went up and our Production Labor as a % of sales went down.

Post 9 of 9
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
GO
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 07 Dec 2016 23:24