About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - China Domestic Market

Online Sales in China

22 Jun 2011 16:35

Anyone know how to sale the product to China by Internet?

Post 1 of 20

06 Jul 2011 11:56

According to China e-Business Research Center recent report, internet sales in China hit 4.5 trillion yuan in 2010, covering business-to-business, business-to-consumer and consumer-to-consumer transactions. The report also pointed that cheaper prices and growing confidence in online payment security attracted more people to the Internet, with the number of shoppers reaching 158 million last year compared with 121 million in the previous year.

There were 25,000 e-commerce websites reported at the end of 2010. Please check more details from china e-business research centre: http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-china-e-commerce-sales.html

Post 2 of 20

06 Jul 2011 12:02

Thanks lwsconsult.

If I want to setup a online store and target sell product (small gifts) to China, should I join the online platform like Alibaba? 

Post 3 of 20

06 Jul 2011 12:15

Both Alibaba and Taobao are the leading e-commerce platforms in the mainland. your can easily google plenty of  their information. Meanwhile you may like to contact the hktdc website, a much trusted online platform connecting 120,000 credible suppliers verified by renowned authentication companies. It also attracts 1,000,000 worldwide buyers to source products and services provided by Hong Kong, Asian and China manufacturers & suppliers. Check details here: http://www.hktdc.com/sourcing?WT.srch=1&DCSext.dept=2&WT.mc_id=1420770&gclid=COel6Yjj6akCFdRvHAodTQ-AXQ

Post 4 of 20

29 Jul 2011 16:16

Actually, there are plenty of online store in China, but there a less more wholesale online store. Personally I think the www.onlywo.com is the leader, they have 7 years' professional experience, and you can also see in the market of wholesale footwear, apparel, handbag etc is very chaos. You can also find that onlywo had try their best to service their customers.

Post 5 of 20

29 Jul 2011 15:50

No question this is the place to get this info, thank you all.

Post 6 of 20

12 Oct 2011 15:17

According to Hong Kong Trader Hong Kong Edition, China online shops also generally offer lower prices than physical stores. For younger shoppers, the main attractions are convenience, bargain prices and a huge selection. An increasing number of online shopping platforms and improvements in distribution services and e-payment security are also contributing to sales. 

They are particularly keen on purchasing fashion items, including clothes and fashion accessories partly because of the availability of a large range of designs on the Internet. 

In the business-to-consumer (B2C) sales model, an enterprise can set up its own online shop to sell goods directly to consumers or deal with them through a service provider operating a third-party transaction platform.  The top four of the mainland’s 30 biggest B2C websites in 2010 were all third-party platforms offering a comprehensive range of merchandise. These top malls are enshrined in the lexicon of mainland online shoppers: tmall.com, 360Buy, Joyo Amazon and dangdang.com.

More details can be browsed here: http://www.hktdc.com/info/mi/a/hkthk/en/1X07MMWA/1/Hong-Kong-Trader-Hong-Kong-Edition/China-S-Online-Youth.htm

Post 7 of 20

02 Nov 2011 10:41

what you sell?

Online sales in China is booming now. Both C2C,B2C are growing faster. However, as there are plenty of suppliers and products, I don't think it's easy for you to expand your business to China consider the high shipping fees and payment method (here we use alipay and most of us don't have paypal). But if you have your brand high valued, like apple for example, or your design is as special as to no competitor on the market then you can try. 

We are a China sourcing agent providing sourcing/buying service for you overseas customers as well as China market consulting.

visit our website www.china-sourcing-agent.com for more information

Post 8 of 20

21 Nov 2011 10:45

Hi

This is Abhishek from India. I am running  a software company and having well experience in online marketing and business. If you need any help . Plz contact at abhishekdixit1986@gmail.com.

Thanks

Post 9 of 20

28 Jul 2012 11:03

Hi 

We are a market research and information analysis company having offices in India and USA. We have published a report on China Online Industry titled as "China Online & Mobile Phone Internet Market - Online (Game, Music, Video, Shopping, Travel Booking, Payment, Search Engine, Instant Messaging & IPTV)" 

For more information please visit: http://www.renub.com/reports/showdetails.aspx?id=25

Contact Us

Ankit Mishra

info@renub.com

Relationship Manager

Read our Market Overview on China Online Market

The great Recession that the world faced in 2008 - 2009 had mixed effects on the e-Commerce and Internet business. Online ad sales were soft, and in many cases online advertisement prices were down considerably. But global Internet audience continued to grow rapidly, with the worldwide base of Internet users now in the 1.8 Billion range including a large base of broadband & mobile phone internet users. China Growth in 2010 - 2011 will be centered on use of the Internet in general, access to the Internet via mobile devices and consumer access to entertainment online (such as television programs viewed online IPTV). 

China now has the world’s highest number of Internet users. In 2009, the number of Chinese Internet users has increased by 131 Million from 2008 and crossed 350 Million. Meanwhile, risks and difference in conducting business remains as underscored by the row between Google and Chinese government; who had ugly row  over alleged hacking of certain networks that Google believes originated in China.  

Chinese Internet users accessing the Internet for entertainment, information and communication purposes were high. Out of this online shopping is popular; it has a market share of 85% in total Chinese Internet market in 2009. China Internet Industry, is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the Internet based or enabled industry in China, to attract Chinese investments; to import into China or export from China, to invest in China, to partner with one of the key Chinese corporations, to gain market share in booming Chinese domestic demand; to gain insight into the future of the world economy as China leads the way. The report provides in-depth analysis and detailed insight into the China Internet industry, market drivers, and key enterprises.

Post 10 of 20

28 Aug 2012 14:44

you could setup a taobao shop & website under your own domain to do so, if you need a Chinese partner, please feel free to let us know, email: anthony@etaohk.com

Post 11 of 20

19 Aug 2013 11:38

You can sell anything from internet market. Try OLX or Quiker they are the site which provide you space to publish your advertisment only

Post 12 of 20

18 Oct 2013 09:11

Try ExportToChina.com (http://www.export-to-china.com) to connect with qualified buyers in China. It has helped me expand my business network with the Chinese. The free marketing program is strongly recommended.

Post 13 of 20

16 Nov 2013 10:42

Sometimes, Chinese love to shopping in Amazon.

Post 14 of 20

02 May 2014 11:50

I'm looking for someone in China who could help me sell Black Opals and Crystal Opals from Lightning Ridge, Australia. Each opal is unique, one of a kind item. I was thinking of trying to sell my opals on TaoBao. Since, I'm located in Australia, I would need a 'partner' or 'agent' who can sell on TaoBao for me.

I can provide images/item descriptions for each opal. I could send the opals to the customer in China using FedEx or EMS with tracking.

If you provide such service or would be interested, then please contact me on:

blackopalworld@hotmail.com

Here's the link to my website, so you get an idea what items I'd be wanting to sell:

http://www.blackopalworld.com/

Post 15 of 20

17 Sep 2014 10:56

Online sale is now included into the business scope of a WFOE. The procedure to apply for online sale is not complicated as before.

Online sale gives WFOE more business opportunities and to get online sale permission  the wfoe just need provide the business license duplicate which covers wholesale,retail and ecommerce.

Alibaba & taobao offer international platform for e-commerce which help wfoe expand international sale more easily.

if you have questions concerning wfoe and e-commerce, you can send a message to me dmc_canto@yahoo.com  

Post 16 of 20

07 Jan 2015 17:49

Oh, I have a question on the contrary to you. I want to sell my pipe fitting and flange to other country except China? And online sales... do you know?

Post 17 of 20

16 Feb 2015 12:29

I want to be one of the importing agents in Liberia.

Post 18 of 20

29 Apr 2015 14:57

Since China is the first choice of all the product providers, so it's better to go with some online consultancy and full plan before entering to market. I prefer heinbroconsulting.com which provides good manufacturing practice.

Post 19 of 20

29 Aug 2016 19:58

You right china is big market for buying, selling and manufacture the product.

Post 20 of 20
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
GO
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 07 Dec 2016 23:24