About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Industry Focus - Wine Industry

Wine Retailer Licence for Hong Kong

13 Aug 2012 12:28


Dear Sir, I am the owner of a newly established wine company in Hong Kong. I would like to know if I would need a special licence for selling wine to private customers. For the moment I am only selling wine to retailers or restaurants but not the end customer. I would be really pleased if you could advice me on that. Thank you.

Post 1 of 11

29 Mar 2010 09:15


If retailing, and customer will not consume in shop, no special licence is required. For the shop, of course need to fulfill all fire department rules. If need info in company licence maintenance, accounting etc., welcome to visit www.AsiaBS.com
Post 2 of 11

07 Apr 2010 09:40

Its' a good question. I’m about to set up my wine company too... any information we can share even we are in same industry? I am very ambitious on wine this market... thanks
Post 3 of 11

10 Apr 2010 12:18

Hi Name supplied, can you tell me how much is going cost to star a wine company like yours in hong kong or china thanks.
Post 4 of 11

19 Apr 2010 17:42


Under the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance (Cap. 109, Laws of Hong Kong) effective from June 2008, the duty rates on wines and liquors with an alcoholic strength of not more than 30% by volume will be reduced to zero percent, and the import and export, storage, manufacturing or movement of the specified goods will no longer require any licences or permits. However the existing licensing/permit on liquors with an alcoholic strength of more than 30% will remain.
Post 5 of 11

29 Dec 2011 10:21

Dear Sir


I would like to know if I need to obtain any license for wholesaling and exporting wine samples from Hong Kong.



Post 6 of 11

30 Dec 2011 14:50

The import of wines to Hong Kong does not require any license or permit. Effective June 6, 2008, Hong Kong wine/liquor traders are no longer required to apply for any licenses or permits for the import, export, manufacture, storage or movement of wine or liquor with an alcoholic strength of less than 30 percent by volume.


Liquors with an alcoholic strength of more than 30 percent by volume measured at a temperature of 20 degree Celsius are subject to license and permit control. Only licensed importers are eligible to import liquors and they are required to apply for a permit before each shipment arrives.

Post 7 of 11

15 Aug 2012 15:29


The Liquor Licensing Board (LLB), a statutory body established under the Dutiable Commodities (Liquor) Regulations who is responsible for the licensing of premises used for the sale or supply of liquor for consumption on the premises. For application on line please check here for the LLB.

Post 8 of 11

10 Sep 2012 10:36

Dear Colleague..


We are also pretty new in Hong Kong, we have pretty good selection of wines and sparcklings wines from all around the world. 


You can check into my web pages: www.blfinewines.com and definitly we could cooperate each other. 


Feel free to contact me if you have any question or enquiere. 


Email alynds@blfinewines.com

Post 9 of 11

28 Feb 2013 11:26

I really wish there were more articles like this on the web.

Post 10 of 11

04 Dec 2013 15:34

Although licensing requirements are not required for wines import and export, selling liquor in Hong Kong without a licence is an offence under the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance (Cap. 109).
The applicant should ensure that no liquor is sold on the premises at any stage prior to the issue of a liquor licence. The applicant for liquor licence has to disclose information of all his previous conviction in his application. It is an offence under the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance (Cap. 109) to make any incomplete statement or declaration or furnish any incorrect information for the purpose of this Ordinance. More importantly, the applicant must not offer any money or gift to Government officers. This is an offence in law and the offender is liable to prosecution. Information for liquor licence application for such licence is contained in the following website: http://www.fehd.gov.hk/english/LLB_web/eprocedure.html


Post 11 of 11
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by - 29 Apr 2015 14:54

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23