About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Emerging Market Opportunities

Import goods to Brazil

28 Apr 2010 20:02

Do I need to register if I want to do import goods to Brazil?
Post 1 of 20

30 Apr 2010 01:01

Chile's import system is based on the principle that all goods may be freely imported and anyone may engage freely in international trade transactions. As such, importers are not subject to any registration requirements. However, they are required to hire an accredited customs broker to enter the merchandise if the FOB value of such merchandise is higher than US$1000. The use of a customs broker is not mandatory in several other instances, including if the merchandise is entered into a free trade zone, if it is imported as part of a donation in the event of a catastrophe or national disaster, or in cases of express shipments of up to US$1000 in FOB value.
Post 2 of 20

19 May 2011 16:17

According to TDC research's emerging market intelligence, the entire import process in Brazil is computerised in a system known as SISCOMEX – Integrated System for International Trade (Sistema Integrado de Comércio Exterior), which has greatly simplified the import procedures by reducing the amount of paperwork, but the customs clearance in Brazil is still not as efficient and fast as one might expect. Please click here for more details on Brazil import procedures including import duties.

Post 3 of 20

16 Jun 2011 16:34

Brazil is a huge potential market in South America. It has no use unless you can effectively place your products in the appropriate market place in the country. To turn potential into profits, better knowledge about the country’s import and distribution channels will be indispensable. Aside from knowing the arrival points of Hong Kong products in Brazil, a closer look at the country’s retail playing field will give you a better chance to win orders.  

According to the latest Census, Brazil has six cities of more than two million inhabitants. Among them, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, with 11 million and six million inhabitants respectively, are the two most populous and developed cities in Brazil, representing the largest consumer pools that Hong Kong traders should be attentive to.   Among the top-10 retailers in Latin America, only three of them are Brazilian, namely Pão de Açúcar (supermarket), Casas Bahia (furniture and home appliances) and Lojas Americas (discount store). For further information please check here to view a special piece on Brazilian market analysis by TDC research: http://www.hktdc.com/info/vp/a/emk/en/1/1/1/1X07HA9X/Emerging-Markets/Getting-ready-for-the-Brazilian-market.htm

and

http://www.hktdc.com/info/vp/a/emk/en/1/1/1/1X07H4SW/Emerging-Markets/Brazil’s-many-opportunities-.htm

Post 4 of 20

07 Oct 2011 08:46

Interesting point. Brazil has not only a huge and growing market but is a country that has easily almost ignored the global financial crash.

Post 5 of 20

14 Oct 2011 09:20

I am specialized in Brazilian market with offices in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Santa Catarina and now I am setting up an office in HK. Brazilian import procedures are a little different and complicated. I am specialized in the Brazilian market. If you need some help just let me know.

Post 6 of 20

15 Oct 2011 12:17

We ship mains electrical products (with a standard IEC socket) into many countries, Brazil is very tight on using its latest version of power plug (know as Type N globally).  Is it necessary to provide a power lead, or is it just important to provide the correct one if you provide one at all.

Post 7 of 20

18 Oct 2011 08:55

Hi, i have a web site exportmart.com that is business to Business marketing.

Post 8 of 20

21 Oct 2011 11:49

Your company’s operations and profile got my attention and I have forwarded information about your organization to my Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in line with my current diversification and expansion program in creating strategic partnership in your region. Please make contact with my CFO and discuss freely with him about all available partnership options and openings for new investors within your firm.For more details contact us here for more information

Post 9 of 20

05 Nov 2011 11:50

hello dear

my name is peter john i want to introduice you our compeny we are menufecture of all leather shoes and leather goods.we are suplly top quality of shoes. in this metter. this is a very good chance for you are compeny. you can contect me. this is my adress.

peter john

managing director.

e,mail  anmol.co@hotmail.com

Post 10 of 20

07 Nov 2011 12:11

Dear Marcio,

We are poultry product exporter want to know if Brazil is also a importing country for the ready-to-eat chicken.  Please help to give valuable comment.  Thank you!

by Marcio Lima - 14 Oct 2011 09:20

I am specialized in Brazilian market with offices in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Santa Catarina and now I am setting up an office in HK. Brazilian import procedures are a little different and complicated. I am specialized in the Brazilian market. If you need some help just let me know.

Post 11 of 20

10 Nov 2011 08:37

Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

How can I contact your CFO ? Please let me know the contact information.

Thanks and regards

Marcio

Post 12 of 20

30 Dec 2011 11:04

I am  a Chinese-American and have a trading company in the U.S.  I am looking for an opportunit to export American ir Taiwanese products to Brazil.  My e-mail address is geooem@gmail.com.  Thank you!

Lew Hsieh

Post 13 of 20

11 Jan 2012 09:24

Hello Marcio, I ask you if is possible to contact me or let your email here, I am from Brazil and intend to import some goods from Asia to sell here, I will appreciate your attention.

best regards,

Jean Ferreira

Post 14 of 20

26 Jan 2012 11:55

hello Jean Ferreira   I am based in the Uk and have a trading company and if there is anything you need from the uk just ask. No job to small.   Daniel

Post 15 of 20

07 Feb 2012 10:01

If anyone wants to establish their market in India.

we can support on every phase.

Thanks.

contact me at. acmetech.co@gmail.com

Post 16 of 20

29 Feb 2012 01:29

We are looking for new clients in Brazil ! Can you help us ? We are strong in toys and daily use item.

Please reply to michael@kwality.com.hk (Mr. Michael Ho).

I waiting your favourable reply !

Post 17 of 20

01 Mar 2012 16:51

Please contactme at m.lima@me.com

B. Regards

Marcio

Post 18 of 20

24 Oct 2012 16:33

In Brazil, an importer must obtain an import licence for certain goods prior to the shipment of the goods. There are three types of import licences - exempt, automatic and non-automatic. Most goods are exempt from import licensing requirements. However, importation of some products, such as spectacles and toys, currently requires import licences.

The procedure of import licence application are very time-consuming, involving lots of paperwork. Delays in granting of import licences have been widely experienced. Apart from registration and licensing, Brazil applies import duties as well as a wide range of indirect taxes on imports. Import duties are Brazil’s primary instrument to regulate imports.

As a Mercosur member, Brazil utilises the Mercosur Common Nomenclature classification, which is consistent with the Harmonised System (HS) classification. In general, the customs value of goods is determined on a CIF (cost, insurance and freight) basis. Most imports from non-Mercosur members are subject to Mercosur’s Common External Tariff (CET) which ranges from zero to 35%. Please check for more information from HKTDC Research here:

market profile brazil: http://emerging-markets-research.hktdc.com/business-news/article/Brazil/Brazil-Market-Profile/mp/en/1/1X000000/1X003I5D.htm

Post 19 of 20

14 Dec 2013 11:03

According to HKTDC market profile on Brazil, import transactions in Brazil are subject to regulation, authorisation and inspection by the Ministry of Finance’s Federal Revenue Secretariat. To obtain such an authorisation, the importer must follow import procedures, which are currently conducted electronically by means of the Integrated System for International Trade through which customs clearance and import licensing operations are processed.
Enrolment is automatic upon the execution of the company’s first import transaction. An importer must obtain an import licence for certain goods prior to the shipment of the goods. There are three types of import licences - exempt, automatic and non-automatic. Most goods are exempt from import licensing requirements.
However, importation of some products, such as spectacles and toys, currently requires import licences. The process and procedure of import licence application, however, are very time-consuming, involving lots of paperwork. Delays in granting of import licences have been widely experienced.
Apart from registration and licensing, Brazil applies import duties as well as a wide range of indirect taxes on imports. Import duties are Brazil’s primary instrument to regulate imports. As a Mercosur member, Brazil utilises the Mercosur Common Nomenclature (NCM) classification, which is consistent with the Harmonised System classification. In general, the customs value of goods is determined on a CIF (cost, insurance and freight) basis. Please check here for more details on Brazil import regime.

Post 20 of 20
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
GO
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 07 Dec 2016 23:24