About HKTDC | Contact HKTDC |
Within this section Within hktdc.com

FORUM - Emerging Market Opportunities

Free Trade Zones in Chile

12 Apr 2010 18:16

Are there any free trade zones in Chile? What opportunities are there for Hong Kong companies?
Post 1 of 5

20 Apr 2010 17:35

There are two free trade zones in Chile: the Free Zone of Iquique (ZOFRI), Region I, in the far north, and the Free Zone of Punta Arenas (PARANEZON), Region XII, in the far south. The free trade areas offer a number of opportunities for Hong Kong companies. First of all, Chile's free trade areas have advantages in location, linking the Pacific Ocean on one side with the rest of South America on the other. Products from Asia can reach CHile's ports and be re-exported to other South American countries. In fact, Chile's free trade areas are designated in the coastal areas to tap this opportunity. Besides, Hong Kong companies can use the warehouses and transportation facilities there to help reduce the delivery lead time to match up better with their market penetration strategies for and respond swifter to feedbacks from neighbouring markets.
Post 2 of 5

09 Aug 2010 12:07

Hi. I`m a businessman from Georgia (Republic of Georgia). In Georgia he have one Free Industrial/Trade Zone which legally exampts companies from any kind of governement taxes.

Post 3 of 5

03 Oct 2012 10:24

I would like to talk to you further about this.  Is this statement slightly over-simplified ?  If not, I will move my operations from the USA to Chile.

Love to hear back.

by  - 20 Apr 2010 17:35
There are two free trade zones in Chile: the Free Zone of Iquique (ZOFRI), Region I, in the far north, and the Free Zone of Punta Arenas (PARANEZON), Region XII, in the far south. The free trade areas offer a number of opportunities for Hong Kong companies. First of all, Chile's free trade areas have advantages in location, linking the Pacific Ocean on one side with the rest of South America on the other. Products from Asia can reach CHile's ports and be re-exported to other South American countries. In fact, Chile's free trade areas are designated in the coastal areas to tap this opportunity. Besides, Hong Kong companies can use the warehouses and transportation facilities there to help reduce the delivery lead time to match up better with their market penetration strategies for and respond swifter to feedbacks from neighbouring markets.
Post 4 of 5

05 Oct 2012 09:51

Are the preferential policies fit for all legal products? For example the car radio and the head unit products.

by  - 09 Aug 2010 12:07

Hi. I`m a businessman from Georgia (Republic of Georgia). In Georgia he have one Free Industrial/Trade Zone which legally exempts companies from any kind of government taxes.

Post 5 of 5
* Shows local time in Hong Kong (GMT+8 hours)
Page of 1
GO
Most Viewed Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23

by - 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Highly Rated Topics

by - 29 Apr 2015 10:51

by - 29 Apr 2015 14:54

by Raul Hidalgo - 29 Jun 2016 22:23